Position: Corporate Paralegal
Job Title: Corporate Paralegal
Company Name: SMB Law Group
Location: Anywhere in the United States, Remote-Based
Job Type: Contract
Experience: 3+ years
Salary: $65,000 – $80,000
ABOUT SMB LAW GROUP
SMB Law Group is a boutique, transactional firm designed to serve the needs of small- and medium-sized business (SMB) buyers, sellers and operators.
We’re comprised of former “big law” attorneys who have worked at elite firms like Cravath, Kirkland & Ellis and Gibson Dunn.
We’re building a legal business, not just another bland law firm.
LIFE AT SMB –
- Family First:
- When you’re living through the corporate grind, it can be challenging to find time for everything else that’s important to you. When our co-founders decided to leave “Big Law” to start their own boutique firm, time spent outside of work with family and friends was a huge priority – and it’s going to stay that way. With us, you’ll enjoy that same work-life balance.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit:
- SMB Law Group is a firm built by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. Our small business owning-clients appreciate that we’re agile and innovative just like them, and we don’t have big office bureaucracy slowing us down.
- Remote Always:
- SMB Law Group will always be remote. Not only does this allow us to support small business owners and buyers from across the country, but gives our partners the opportunity to live where, and how, they want – without having to worry about commutes, relocations, or office politics.
The Corporate Paralegal will provide support to the firm’s busy mergers and acquisitions practice. The primary responsibilities of the Corporate Paralegal will include conducting due diligence, drafting documents, assisting with closings, and providing administrative support to attorneys.
- Conducting due diligence by reviewing and analyzing corporate documents, contracts, financial statements, and other relevant information
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents, including contracts, agreements, and corporate filings
- Assisting with closings, including preparing closing checklists, organizing closing binders, and communicating with clients and other parties involved in the transaction
- Coordinating with other professionals involved in the transaction, including accountants, brokers, and other attorneys
- Providing administrative support to attorneys, including maintaining files and managing calendars
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Paralegal certification preferred (or required, depending on jurisdiction)
- 3+ years of experience in a corporate law firm, preferably with a focus on mergers and acquisitions
- Knowledge of corporate law, including familiarity with corporate governance, contracts, and securities laws
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and document management systems
- Experience with Clio and NetDocuments preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial; team player; fun!
If you are a highly motivated and skilled M&A corporate paralegal with a passion for excellence, we encourage you to apply.